Free Speech Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Speech Forum

A Free Speech Zone

2 posters

Unusual Observations

Unusual Observations Empty Unusual Observations

Post by  Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am

We all witness something unusual from time to time. The purpose of this subject is to share some of the uncommon events we've observed. These can be things we've seen, heard, tasted, smelled, felt or sensed in any manner of ways. Feel free to share stories from the past and things that just happened. These observations don't need to be amazing, profound, or even mysterious. They just need to be observations that have struck us as odd or out of the ordinary. I look forward to hearing your stories!

Unusual Observations Empty Re: Unusual Observations

Post by  Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:12 am

Back in March, my wife and I were traveling north for the weekend. Just east of Lake City, we saw some deer in a field to the north of the road. We saw a lot of deer. We couldn't count them all, but we estimated over 60 deer. As we came upon the next field, we saw more deer. We counted 17 deer in this field. We continued driving east for about 85 miles. Over two stretches, one about 15 miles long and the other about 25 miles long, we saw deer in the fields to the north side of the road. We only saw 2 deer in the fields on the south side of the road. We saw so many deer that we had to estimate. I believe our estimate is conservative, and accurate to within plus or minus 50 deer. Our total estimate for deer we saw that day: 680 deer. Had I been alone, I would have thought I was losing my mind.

Post by  Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am

Today, driving to work, I saw a bird as white as snow flying south, off the right side of the road. As I cought up to it, it flew across the road right over the top of my car. It looked like a dove. But I must note that I'm not a birdwatcher and have no expertise to say what kind of bird it was. I found this unusual because I've never seen a purely white bird in nature in Michigan. I figure it was likely a release dove.

Post by  Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 am

I had the first spontaneous nose-bleed of my life yesterday. I don't use drugs and, other than a few extra pounds, am in generally good health. I didn't injure my nose in anyway. I was just taking a shower. When I was finished, I looked in the mirror and was surprised to see blood on my face.
    lazarus
    lazarus

Post by lazarus Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 am

I saw a half-white half-black pigeon the other day, something I've never seen before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:43 pm