Free Speech Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Speech Forum

A Free Speech Zone

2 posters

Demon possession...

lazarus
    lazarus

Demon possession... Empty Demon possession...

Post by lazarus Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Anyone ever read the Malachi Martin book, Hostage To the Devil?

-laz.
    Army of Heaven 777
    Army of Heaven 777
    Admin

Demon possession... Empty Re: Demon possession...

Post by Army of Heaven 777 Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

My theory is partly based on the Book of Enoch, so I cant be positive that it is correct. I guess at best it is an educated guess about a world I cant see or understand. It may be that it is the fallen angels themselves who possess people and not the Giants. It just seemed to make sense to me because God imprisoned the fallen angels in deep pits and under rocks, etc. And I wonder what happened to the Giants ? I know they died, but do they have souls ? What happens to a human/angel hybrid when it dies ???? I admit, I cant say for sure ! This is the passage from Enoch :

"The giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; becasue they are born from men, and from the Holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. As for the spirits of Heaven, in Heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling. And the spirits of the Giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. These spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them. From the days of the slughter and destruction and death of the Giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement- thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be consummated over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated."

Remember, this is NOT Scripture, so you have to use your own discernment whether there is any truth to it or not. IMO, the Book of Enoch does shed further light on many of the events of Genesis 6, but I will also say that in its current form the text is certainly corrupted, containing entire chapters on astrology, etc. But the Genesis material can all be found in the first few chapters of the Book as well as the quotation used by Jude. I think the first couple chapters are ok but the later chapters are add-ons full of nonsense. Either way, I dont base any doctrine or belief on this book, it is just an interesting book that MIGHT give a little extra insight into the very earliest days of human history.

Peace bro
    lazarus
    lazarus

Post by lazarus Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 pm

I have the book of Enoch and have read some of it but it isn't exactly scripture. Jesus brought up Enoch though I'm not sure if he mentioned the book of Enoch but just the mention of Enoch means there was probably a valid and God-inspired scripture of it. The problem is we don't know if what we have is trustworthy. All of the texts are rather young and archaeologists have never found an ancient copy of Enoch, at least not that I know of. You mention some of the fallen angels being locked up in the pit but their are other scriptures that say they are free roaming the world. This my seem contradictory but further study will reveal that it is only a paradox (a solvable problem).

The scriptures can be very tricky, it's very easy to miss the intent of a specific word or to misread a verse. I've learned a lot from a guy named Larry Wilson. He has an in depth series on the books of Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation. There must be something like 100 videos and goes deeply into the apocalyptic prophecies. I've never experienced more wisdom and discernment about the Scriptures coming from one man before in my life. You need to check out his work. I think you'll be very amazed. I don't always agree with everything he says but for the most part he is spot on.

He has claimed to have unlocked the book of Daniel as it was prophesied over 2600 hundred years ago. This sounds like a very arrogant statement but once you listen to him speak you'll realize that he's a very humble man. This is something I've wanted to discuss with you for some time but I just never got around to it before. He's not the only God fearing man that has come to the same exact conclusions either. I do not follow any man and I want to make that very clear to you. The reason I like and respect Larry Wilson is because he allows the Bible to be its own interpreter. Like me he does not believe in private interpretation of prophecy.

I'll wait on your response so we can discuss this issue further.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:31 pm