Free Speech Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Speech Forum

A Free Speech Zone

2 posters

King David

King David Empty King David

Post by  Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

Please forgive my ignorance. I am reading the Bible all the way through for the first time in my life. I started with the New Testament, and then went on to the Old Testament. I have just finished 2 Samuel. I'd like to know your perspective on David. It seems to me that he committed adultery, and then conspired to murder Uriah, Bathseba's husband (2 Samuel 11:1-27). But later, David appears to claim he obeyed God's commandments and was thus rewarded for his righteousness (2 Samuel 22:21-25). I would be interested to hear your views on this subject. Thanks!
    lazarus
    lazarus

King David Empty Re: King David

Post by lazarus Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 am

David was righteous and a man after God's own heart but he was just like us, a fallen human being infected with sin. Even the apostles and the prophets sinned and fell short of the glory of God but they were different then the non-believers because of their faith. Though they may have stumbled from time to time they were not slaves to sin. Without Jesus Christ, without YHWY, people become worse, not better over time. The only thing that currently holds back the complete blackness of the sinful human heart is the Holy Spirit. Revelation says that during the Tribulation God will remove His restraining spirit from the hearts of man and people will finally see what it means to be without the Spirit of God on earth.

Without God man is destined to become as black as night. Sin is an infection that can only be healed by Jesus Christ. Once people have committed the unforgivable sin their humanity begins to degrade and then completely disappears. The only thing left after that is pure evil. Without God man is hopeless and destined for eternal death.

Thank God for Jesus Christ.

-laz.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 pm